Wanna Try It?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna Try It?

The WTI clan's forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CTF-TrainingGrounds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Geronimo

Geronimo

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2007-06-13

CTF-TrainingGrounds Empty
PostSubject: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 1:16 pm

ok, so this is a map that i made, the purpose of it... well, the name says it all... :-D

and now the explanation. map consists of 5 areas, each has its own purpose and it doesn't have anything to do with the other. they are put together so more ppl at the same time can practice, same or different things. so this is the map in hole:

CTF-TrainingGrounds Tg1_bm10

Area #1

Purpose: to practice dodging walls... sound silly but it isn't... :-) (i am sure everybody were in situation when they were stuck by the wall corner...)

How To Train: you start at the X spot (touching the wall) and try to go trough the maze as fastest as you can. i have measured how long it takes and the following are the results - 17sec (you are God of dodging walls), 18sec (excellent), 19sec (above average), 20-21sec (average), 22-23sec (doing smth wrong), 24-xy sec (man, buy a new keyboard!!!)

Area #2

we have a, b and c parts of map. the principle is the same for all of them...

CTF-TrainingGrounds Tg3_bm10
CTF-TrainingGrounds Tg4_bm10

Purpose: to practice SMG moving&shooting technique

How To Train: in all parts of map, you constantly shoot into the middle pillar while circulating around it. what you have to do is to hold your mouse on the pillar while not touching the walls when you pass beside them! extra possibility is to follow the route of green and blue line in the picture.

Area #3

CTF-TrainingGrounds Tg2_bm10

Purpose: to practice moving&shooting with long ranged weapons

How To Train: you have to constantly move in the part above the red line, trying not to touch walls and hitting the part of walls that are marked blue.

Area #4

CTF-TrainingGrounds Tg5_bm10

Purpose: to practice primarily, using grenades and close ranged weapons (shotgun, flamethrower...) but can be used for practicing other weapons

How To Train: if you play alone, then you use the walls to see how and where grenades have to be thrown to land where you want it but should be more used for two or more players playing in it at the same time (ffa). the only spawn point in the map is located in the entrance of this little maze so it should be fun to play. (if you want you can expand your movement to other parts of map as long as it doesn't disturb anyone else training in the map!)

Area #5

Purpose: for demonstration simple things and techniques that require empty place (read: didn't know what else to put in the map... :-D )

How To Train: no coment

-- i will change a bit map but the main principles are the same so use it to become better (and have fun... :-))

(for those that will put up the server) (not yet done)

-- this is link where you can find this map. download it and put it into the map file. after this, add it in the server.

http://www.speedyshare.com/220755115.html

Last edited by on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yaô
Admin
Yaô

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Yooo agogogogo hahaha you're really funny and nice. I like your post. Yeah this is not a bad idea. Maybe we should make some kind of time attack in the clan to train for area 1. And yeah this could be funny to train! Let's try it as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
https://babo-wti.forumotion.com
Sayed

Sayed

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 am

nice!
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:07 am

here, i puted the map on the net so you download it if you want and try it out! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nath

Nath

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:47 am

nice work gero king What a Face
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:11 pm

thx!
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 2:41 am

Great work Gero, but "Eagle Eye"-Ratatosk found a problem/mistake/awful blunder or whatever you want it to be called Very Happy
How do you make us spawn in the part of the map where we should train?? In the middle is a wall you cant go through, so when you want to train the wall dodging and do not spawn in the middle, you cannot train it Very Happy
This problem can of course be solved easily (just do a breakthrough on the bottom of the map) and we can go wherever we want.
(I hope I can trust my "Eagle Eyes", I really dont see how I could go from the right side to the left´Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 3:24 am

eagle eye has to buy a new par of glasses... Very Happy every part of map is reachable by small passages in walls. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nath

Nath

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 3:42 am

I think i see them they are right at the top.. am i right? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:42 am

ok, call me noob Very Happy
now i see it too. pale
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:26 am

hehe, np. Smile

did you try it out?
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:33 am

yeah, i tried to put the map in to the Server, but it doesnt work and the server crashes when i want to start it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:53 am

hm...

when i putted up the server it was fine...

well, catch me when i am online then will do it together... maybe the file was corrupted when i uploaded it... dunno...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTF-TrainingGrounds   CTF-TrainingGrounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CTF-TrainingGrounds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wanna Try It? :: Private section :: Tactics-
Jump to: