Wanna Try It?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna Try It?

The WTI clan's forum!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WCI - Wanna Change it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2007-06-13

WCI - Wanna Change it? Empty
PostSubject: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 am

Today, Nath, Mnk and me tried a new "style" of FFA. I got to know it from Counterstrike where everything happens automatically.
It's easy: The gametype is FFA. The ScoreLimit should be 60 and the time limit an hour. Every player starts with SMG. After he has 5 kills (he is only allowed to use SMG, no knives, nades, cocktails and nukes) he proceeds to stage 2, which is Shotgun. Then again 5 kills and so on. Here are the stages, the order must be kept!!! :

Stage # | Weapon | kills needed to enter Stage
Stage 1 : SMG 0 kills
Stage 2 : Shotgun 5 kills
Stage 3 : Sniper Rifle 10 kills
Stage 4 : DMG 15 kills
Stage 5 : Chain Gun 20 kills
Stage 6 : Bazooka 25 kills
Stage 7 : Photon Rifle 30 kills
Stage 8 : Flamethrower 35 kills
Stage 9 : Popup Knives 40 kills
Stage 10: Grenades 45 kills
Stage 11: Molotovs 50 kills
Stage 12: Kamikaze Nuke 55 kills

Important rules:

1. It is not allowed to kill with any other weapon than the one of the stage. If you kill someone with another weapon, you are forced to suicide and a time penalty of 30 seconds. It is important for fairness that you obey this penalty and do not cheat.
2. If you proceed to a new stage and you don't have the possibility to collect the new weapon, you have to kill yourself without killing anyone else. If you kill someone, you get a 30 seconds penalty, too. If there's a possibility to collect the weapon of the new stage, collect it and pwn!
3. If you do not notice that you are in a new stage and kill someone with the old weapon, you get a 30 seconds penalty. You do not need to kill 5 people but the difference to the new stage (means: when you killed with the old weapon, you only need to kill 4 people for reaching the next stage. If you kill 2 people, you only need 3 kills, but you get a higher penalty (1 minute)). For those who think they are intelligent and kill 5 people with Flamethrower to avoid killing them with Popup Knives (this is a very hard stage) the punishment will be 5 minutes because this is cheating and not OK.
4. Spawn Flame is allowed! This is important for the Molotov stage.

These are the important rules. For being sure that nobody cheats, a referee should be spectating and watch that everything is in order.
This gametype is really funny because of some funny situations, for example when 2 people want to knive each other and a Photon noob comes and pwns them both Very Happy
For those of you who can mod (I think Gero knows a bit of modding), it'd be really great if we could automatize this gametype (for example that penalties change the spawn time of the player and that you get the new weapon automatically and that when you have to use the Popup Knives every other weapon is disabled). So, Gero, if you can do that, try it! If you do not know how to do that I could ask two friends of mine who may know how it works! So tell me what you think about WCI!
Back to top Go down
Nath

Nath

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 am

This is very fun.. But the bad thing if loads of us play (Like ur planning) How can we make sure people are on their correct weapons and are using nades or flames? ... It would be to hard but we'll c What a Face Smile
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 am

That's why someone should mod a new gametype. So I hope Gero has knowledge, if not i have some computer crack friends who i could ask to do it. Because then the program disables any weapon except the one of the stage...We'll see. So, Gero! Your opinion and whether yxou could manage a mod or not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nath

Nath

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:08 pm

hehe.. well if it works it will be very gd! king
Back to top Go down
Yaô
Admin
Yaô

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:21 pm

Great rata! Good idea! Would be very funny!
Back to top Go down
https://babo-wti.forumotion.com
Geronimo

Geronimo

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:58 am

yes, it is fun to play it...

and about modding... hm, rata, ask your friends because i am not sure if i could do it and don't have time (read: nerves) to examine it more carefully... Smile
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:41 am

ok, im gonna do it and im gonna send an email to Daivuk and dZb, two RndLabs programmers who developped Babo. I hope I can convince them to program the WCI gamemode. But as long as this isnt dont we have to trust ourselves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 4:51 am

OK, guys, i wrote a PM in the official Babo-Forum to dZb, an RndLabs-Babo-developper and i saked him to program the WCI mod or find people who can program it. So I hope he will respond fast so that I can tell you about the news fast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:41 am

dZb answered me and here is what he wrote :

Hi! (this is dZb)

I really like your mod idea. The only problem i see, is that you would have to convince one of the other bv2 dev (cnik/pm/nuvem) cnik and pm being european aswell, to implement the mod, because me and Daivuk(the original devs) are working on bv3 full time now. Like 2.09 was done by nuvem and cnik.

Even if I'm not an active dev on bv2, i can still help them by answering question, proposing programming approach etc, so it just a matter of finding WHO will actually do it Smile

Thanks for the idea. I hope you find someone to help you with that

so WHOEVER OF YOU SEES CNIK OR PM ON THE BATTLEFIELD: TELL THEM TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME!!!!! give them my msn or anything, but do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Geronimo

Geronimo

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:18 am

nice rata! if i see him, ill tell him.
Back to top Go down
Ratatosk

Ratatosk

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:10 pm

hehe. theres no need to fo it, i met him ritht now and i talked to him and sent him an email. and he said: HE WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
so, if you see hiim, thank him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCI - Wanna Change it?   WCI - Wanna Change it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WCI - Wanna Change it?
Page 1 of 1